Thursday, April 9, 2020

It's Been A Crazy Few Years! 2016-2020

Hello everyone,

First let me start by saying I am sorry it has been so long since I have been on this. I had to go in and update a few things on my  blog that apparently were no longer working it had been so long lol. In 2016 both Leon & I was in a bad car accident. I was driving and he was shielded more by being in the back seat. It was our old boss's truck I was driving on the way to do a job. The vehicle rolled and flipped and caught fire. It took 3 weeks for the swelling to go down in my neck just to do x-rays and adjust me followed by 9 months of pt. Got screwed on the settlement amount but I am now considered disabled since I can't do most of the things I used to be able to do. Leon was shorter healing time as he was not as injured as badly. We were lucky we walked away from it. 

Now fast forwarding a little. Right after the accident we heard we were going to be grandparents from our daughter. So we got saved for that if nothing else. Now we have 2 beautiful granddaughters that we love. 

Ok going forward again. 

On October 14, 2019 Leon suffered from his first stroke. Took him by ambulance I followed from Winnsboro to SS. Hospitalized for 3 days and sent home on meds to stop the strokes. He bounced back right away. 

November 4, 2019 He had his second stroke. I sent him off to work had no issues that I saw or heard. He got to work and everyone was freaking out because he had a left side mouth droop and they couldn't understand a word he was saying to them. He calls me within 20 or 30 minutes of clocking in and says to me "I Think something is wrong I need you to come get me from work right now it's not safe for me to drive."  I jumped in neighbors car and picked him up left my car and went back for it later before dark to grab mine and drive it home. Took him to SS hospital the next day and they did all the test again. This time things were worse. They transported him by Life Flight because we were told he was going to be going right into surgery. It's about 120 minutes for me to drive which I had no choice to go from SS to Tyler. I was hysterical crying and not knowing what was going on with him. I'm thinking my husband is in surgery right now and I am not with him and he could die and I never got to be by his side. I pulled into the parking lot and got out to start walking up the hills to the hospital when I hear a helicopter coming in to land. I didn't think it was my husband just arriving. They flighted him to go from one ER right to another because they didn't have a room for him ahead of time. We waiting a goof 4 or 5 hours b4 a room became avail. He was on the stroke floor nice all the way around. This time was worse he was removed from work on STD and had to do PT & OT to relearn his left side all over again. Because he showed some improvement and discovered he had stroke activity from the 1st & 2nd one in 2 different areas of the brain they would hold off on the cleaning his artery in the neck and not placing a stint in at that time. The issue was that by this not happening if he had a 3rd stroke he would probably not come back from it or survive at all.
*The reason we met each other in Tyler was not because I was speeding apparently they needed gas and tried to fill up before grab him but the fuel truck was taking too long to arrive at the airport so they decided to grab Leon and then stop real fast to fill up and be off. He sat on the tarmac for 30 min waiting for the truck to show up!

December 5, 2019 This was his third one. I took him to his cardiology appt. We left drove home and he showed symptoms of weakness and leg going flimsy. Jumped back in the car and drove to SS again. Back in ER did test all over again and guess what ambulance ride to Tyler again. This time they had a room for him on the observation floor only supposed to be for a day. We were in that room till the 9th when he was finally told okay this is the 3rd one and the meds are not doing its full job so we are going to do surgery in the morning and the neck is clear but the one higher up in your brain has more narrowing so that is where the stint will go. I stayed with him until the surgeon came in to tell us what he was doing and that this was a high risk surgery and the risk was trying to get him stinted without throwing another clot and stroking out on the table. It was supposed to be just an hour surgery and then instead of me being allowed to sit with him after the surgery in recovery for an hour like I was told. After 3 hours I started to panic because the surgeon came out when he was done and said Leon came through with flying colors and is in recovery and should be going to his room in an hour. So 4 hours later including the surgery I had to go take a walk and went up to the room. Leon starts saying I want to see my wife right now get her in here it's been 3 hours shes been waiting for me to be out of here. His nurse calls my cell and tells me this. I walk in and his incision would not stop bleeding was the hold up. After 5 hours and into a new room and a crime scene for murder they were able to get the bleeding to stop. We went home on the 10th. And to this day no more occurrences. I make sure he takes his meds daily and it was really crucial for the first 6 months he not miss a day to keep the stint clear. He is a fighter and a miracle and by all rights should not be able to walk or anything now let alone be alive. 

BTW I stayed by his side every minute no matter what hospital he was in and was only gone to get food or drive home 45 min one way to take care of our fur babies spend a few with them and right back to the hospital 45 min drive bk. 

So now that's our update and here we are in April 2020 and we have to worry about a deadly virus taking us out. I do my big shopping 1x week and that is at walmart and I am fully covered and protected before I walk out my door until I walk back inside.

Stay Safe and always tell your loved one that you love them daily no matter what.

Hugs & Loves,

Rie & Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment